Medicare is the federal health insurance program for:
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
Generally, a Medicare health plan is offered by a private insurance company that contracts with Medicare to provide benefits to people who enroll in the plan.
The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
Part B covers certain doctors' services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage)
Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs (including many recommended shots or vaccines).
Medicare health plans include:
We're Here To Help!
It can seem complicated and confusing when choosing the best plan for your needs. Fill out the form below and we'll contact you to discuss all your available options.